A Letter from the President
I hope this email finds you well and safe.
The holidays are here and this is the last Butterfly Effect Newsletter for 2022.
2023 is a special year for LSI - it will mark our 50th anniversary! In 1973, a group of volunteers started an organization dedicated to serving the lupus community. And today, that organization is the Lupus Society of Illinois.
We'll be planning special activities and inviting YOUR recollections throughout the year. This milestone anniversary is one we can all share together!
It's fitting that we have a membership drive as we enter our 50th year. We invite you to join us as members to take advantage of the printed newsletter we will be mailing to our members homes. The printed newsletter will detail our activities, articles and YOU - the lupus community we work so hard to serve.
We hope you will make an end of year donation to LSI. Your donations make the work we do possible:
- Bringing you articles like Dr. Katz's "What should people with lupus know about anxiety and depression"
- Educational events, like the annual Rush Lupus Clinic & LSI Educational Event is another way we meet the needs of the lupus community.
- Sharing your stories and recognizing Lupus Warriors
- Working with volunteer leaders to offer Lupus Support Groups
- Providing Financial Assistance
These are just a few of the ways we work to meet your needs.
Finally, we want to thank all of YOU for making 2022 such a special year. We hope the new year is filled with health and joy.
Together we make a difference.